Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Growing so fast

Zoe Mae is growing faster than I can believe. She was two months old on Sunday and had her 2 month shots on Monday. She was such a good girl at the dr.'s office. She of course cried when they gave her the shots, but I have to say, her face was so pitiful with lip quivering I almost had to laugh. She stopped crying as soon as I picked her up thankfully. She is mommy's girl :) She is growing, growing, growing, and is now 10 lbs, 14 oz - almost double her newborn weight which is crazy. And believe it or not, she is actually 75th percentile in height! She must get those genes from my parents as neither one of us nor Justins fam have the height thing going on. She has truly discovered her hands in the last few days and is always wanting to put them in her mouth. She is not a thumbsucker, but rather tries to insert the whole hand. We will see how that works out. She is also able to hold her head up so much better and stay alert much longer. Her favorite things to stare at are of course my and Justin's faces, her penguin on her playmat, and the paintings above our couch in the den. She is still waking up once at night to eat, but I am hoping that she starts sleeping through the night in the next 2 weeks or so. Now that she has her shots, Zoe and I will be getting out more. Watch out world!




1 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

melanie, she is a DOLL!!!!! i saw her sweet birth announcements at my parents when we were in town a few weeks ago. little girls are such a joy, and zoe is just precious! when we move to dallas in 2 weeks we'll have to get together...i'm sure hayden & ainsley would LOVE to show zoe a thing or two about being a little girl!