Monday, May 23, 2011

Here and There


Well, its been a busy 2 weeks around here!  Zoe and I just got back from visiting our Itsy(grandma), Tete (aunt), and Uncle Charlie in Kentucky.  Uncle Taylor also joined us so it was fun to hang with him before he heads off to spain (so jealous!)  In the last 3 weeks she has had hand, foot, mouth, an ear infection and is now getting her top molars.  Poor thing.  She was such a crank this weekend, I didnt know what to do with her!  I feel for those parents who have kids that cry all the time, especially after our  4 hour flight back - whewwww.... Wore me out!  But, she seems to be getting back to normal today thank goodness.  Despite her not feeling good, we had a great trip and enjoyed our time in Kentucky.  I ate too much as always - Thanks for the good cookin guys!  And success, she ate a whole bowl full of ground turkey yesterday!  Slowly but surely we are broadening our eating!  We start our summer routine next week and Im so looking forward to our swimming lessons!  Zoe is definitely happiest outside and is always asking to go out and play or go in the "poo" (pool).  My favorite word she says right now is definitely Kai-yeee  (Kailey or lab) and she gets SO excited when she sees her.  Kailey is not quite as excited, but she sure darts in to pick up all Zoe's crumbs beneath her high chair.  Its kind of nice not every having to pick up all Zoe's morsels!  My other favorite behavior is that she loves to hug Justin and I, especially at night before bed.  We always sing Jesus loves me as we are putting her down, and she will hug one of us, then, hold out her arms to the other for a hug, then back to the other person, 3 or 4 times during the song, like she is tying to get as many in as she can before bed!  I also have been teaching her more signs - though Im not sure that teaching her the sign for milk was a good idea, because now, every 10 minutes, she wants milk! She is definitely getting more opinionated- and she is not afraid to let you know either.  Its pretty cute - most of the time :)  And tonight at dinner (I went out with some girlfriends) she did the sweetest thing.. she grabbed my arm from her highchair and laid her little head on it and hugged it.  Thought I was going to melt :)

Zoe, Tete, Me, Itsy
Uncle Taylor! 
Pa-yee (Pappy)

0 comments: