Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Weekend 1!

I'm so sad its over!   We spent Christmas Eve going to church then eating a yummy dinner at our house with my side of the family and sheila and steve.  During the service they had a girl come out and do a ballet type dance acting like Mary.  Zoe was fascinated by her and has been talking about her constantly ever since - "girl pretty, girl dance, girl holdin baby Jesus." She will just randomly bring it up like she is thinking about it all the time - I think we might have a future dancer in our family.  Then we spent the next two nights over at Pappy and LaLa's.  Tete, Charlie, and Itsy were here so it was a house-full!  Zoe woke up at 7:15 ready to play, but when we walked downstairs she got shy all the sudden!  She just wanted Daddy and I to hold her for a while before she got down and played with her kitchen and Rockin Elmo.  I dont think she liked being the center of attention - silly girl.  She loves her new kitchen and tricycle.  Daddy got her a 4 wheeler (which she has ridden ones like it at the boys house) but she has yet to really ride it.  She just likes to sit on it :)  We had a great relaxing morning opening gifts (j and I got bedding and drapes for Teeny's room! yea!)  Oh, and I got hard drive to store my millions of pictures!  yea!  Then we headed to Gigi and Pops' for our usual yummy Christmas lunch.  Im a little nervous about how much Teeny has grown over the last couple weeks because of all this good food!  Zoe has really enjoyed having Tay Tay around and asks for him a lot.  Its been fun being all together and Zoe has been spoiled rotten by everyone.  (Next week will be a bear!) She still makes me listen to particular songs whenever we get in the car - "Santa Baby" being the top of the list.   I think the very cutest thing though was when we were leaving LaLa's house after everyone had left for the airport and Zoe comes out with "Merry Christmas LaLa"  in this soft sweet voice.  It made me melt - she had never said Merry Christmas before.   It was like she knew it was coming to an end.   But - the good news is that we have Christmas part 2 coming this weekend!  Chad, Catherine and the kids are coming in so we get to do it all over again!  

1 comments:

The Lukefahrs said...

Oh, Mel, those pictures are precious! I can see that Zoe is photogenic just like her mom! :)