Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chase's New Fashion Accessory

As Zoe will tell you, we are all about accessories here in our household.. Chase got a new "hat" last week.  Essentially he slept in the exact same position (despite my attempts otherwise) for the first 2.5 months of his life leaving his head a bit flat on the right side.  Its not horrible, but could cause jaw problems, etc, later along with just looking a bit odd if he happens to have short hair or eventually go bald. So, we opted for this lovely piece of equipment.  It does make me sad to put it on him and I hate that he has to wear it (23/7) but I am thankful that he is otherwise healthy (definitely not lacking nourishment!) and that this is a very temporary thing.  We hope and pray to have it off before Thanksgiving.  He is adjusting really well to it and doesnt seem to notice it much though it does get in the way of his peripheral vision, especially his right side.  I think its bothers J and I more than him.  He has been squeeling and squeaking up a storm this week and just loves to be tickled!  And his most favorite is his sister.  He just LOVES to watch her and she can make him laugh more than anyone else. If he cries, Zoe starts singing Jesus Loves Me to him.  He loves that.  Speaking of Zoe, today she told me "I want to put my purple dress on instead of this one with orange momma..  maybe it make my boo boo feel better"  Love that girl.  So blessed.



2 comments:

Erin Douthit Ham said...

We think Colin will most likely need one of those "hats" too. He looks incredibly cute with it and with out!

Sarah said...

Okay, your kids are just precious!!! Love his accessory! He is adorable!