Friday, October 3, 2014
Fall - time flying.. always
And, its fall! wow. I cant believe it. The summer ended so fast! Since my last post I have been to Mexico to celebrate J's and I's 10 year anniversary, to Salt Lake City for a photography conference, and to San Antonio for some family fun! Its been busy! J and I took a long weekend trip down to Secrets Maraoma for our anniversary! It was an amazing resort and it was so nice just to relax and hang out just the two of us. We spent most of our time just lazing on the beach and eating, but did manage to fit in a scuba trip. I love the kind of scuba diving where you can walk from your room, to the beach, to the boat, not wear a wetsuit, and be swimming with the fish in under 30 minutes. Yep, thats my kind of diving - Mexico has its perks! And for our anniversary J gave me a new camera (yep, he knows me well)! I actually got him one of those GoPro Cameras for extreme sports. Lets just say I will have A LOT of video and pictures to weed through for this years video. We spent the remainder of August swimming swimming swimming, and boating. I absolutely LOVE having two independent swimmers. Early September I left for Salt Lake City, Utah for what was a totally awesome 5 day photography conference. I roomed with some friends and had the best time, learned SO much, and just really enjoyed myself. I came back inspired, and ready to take on the world - which is good - because October and November (thankfully) look really insane from where I am sitting! Of course, today, I had 3 appointments cancelled within 12 hours because of some CRAZY winds we had here last night. We are without power, but are so thankful that our humongous live oak didn't loose any important limbs. The rest of the neighborhood was not so lucky. Finally, we took a quickie trip down to San Antonio for Chase's for vacation of the year. Poor guy didnt get to go to disney. :( (though I am secretly, or not so secretly, dying to go back to Disney sooner than planned. I still get a sappy happy feeling inside when I think about that place and all the fun we had. Anyway, We went down to the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch and swam, enjoyed the lazy river, ate some smores and had an all around good time. I bought Zoe this mermaid for the pool, which, technically, was a Barbie. You would have thought I had hung the moon she was so excited about that doll. Who knew! We spent a day at sea world too, and the kids loved it. Not surprising since Zoe still remembered it from the time we went in 2012! She always talks about it. Chase and I got splashed by Shamu (we decided to sit in the "wet section" while Z wanted to remain dry. He thought it was hysterical and was so excited Shamu splashed him. And of course, we had to end the day with.. Chuys! We missed it on Friday night and we need our Mexican fix! And then, just like that, here we are and its October! Wow. Time really does fly. I feel like my kids are growing entirely too fast. Chase cracks me up with his conversations he has with his really high inflection's at the end of his questions. Its SOOO high pitched and SOOO cute. He has to read his little cars books every night - and they have to go right back on ZOE's shelf when we are done. Not sure how she managed that except that he totally adores her. :) He and Zoe are playing so well together (as long as they are both in the mood). Their favorite thing right now is to play "castle" or doctor in my (now very destroyed) linen closet. I think every towel and blanket is either on the floor, or hanging like a tent. Oh well :) They also play "house" and Zoe is usually the baby and Chase is "Pappa". But of course baby Zoe still does most of the direction. He will push her around in her "stroller"(wagon) and will doctor her when she is hurt. Its kind of precious. Chase is still my sweet sweet boy and has done so well with going to school 2 days a week. I like to ask him if he has gotten enough kisses for the day - usually he says yes, but of course I give him more anyway. I can see though, that he is starting to get more and more opinionated about things. So 3, may be a bit more challenging! He is totally loving his gymnastics class and looks so forward to it every week. Its the hour we he can climb, hang, run, and jump to his hearts desire. Zoe girl is doing great at school and learning so much, especially her letters. She loves to practice, as long as I don't ask her to do it. She is so proud of the work and pictures she brings home and wants to show me them, one at a time before we even get in the car. Her favorite thing right now are rainbows. She loves to draw them, all the time, on anything. Everyone has rainbow colored clothes, rainbow cars, and rainbow shoes. She's my rainbow girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment