Tuesday, September 13, 2016
School Days
Well, school is back in swing. And the good news- Zoe did not get thrown up on the first day of school this year! Winner! ;) No, it really has been a good year so far. Zoe has a sweet teacher that she likes and a fun class though sadly not with her "Fab Four" friends. But, not to worry, apparently they find each other on the playground and at lunch pretty much daily. I asked her how her fist day went and she said "Great, Miss ... is just like Miss Young! She is a hugger!" So, apparently she is won over already. Since we are in the big First grade now, we have homework! 15 minutes of reading a night and a packet. Zoe has done really well and done her whole packet in about 30 minutes the first day she gets it. Lets hope she keeps it up! Reading is less than exciting so far for her, and a little bit painful as she gets distracted super easily (because she doesnt want to do it). Im hoping she turn the corner soon, as I know with that wild imagination she is really going to enjoy it once she "gets" it. Zoe is doing Art with her friend Ella this year and also a Jazz/Tapp class. She brings her little Beenie Boos to school each day and a stick of gum, to play with on the playground with her bestie, Sydney. And here I thought they just stayed on her backpack! Chaser is now in school 3 days a week (tear) - can't believe my BABY is in PreK. He seems so big all the sudden. Zoe seemed older when she was about to go to kinder, or maybe its just because he is the baby. I dont know, but I am in serious denial. He came home from school the other day practicing his L sounds (which currently still sounds like W). I just might cry when he stops saying Mommy, I wuv you, even though I know thats, you know.. good. Then he started talking about all the other letter sounds (he was doing his "homework workbook" as Zoe did hers) and I was amazed.. I mean.. he will be reading next year - ahh!! Chasers first weeks of fall have been full of hanging with his "buddies" has he calls them. He definitely has such a fun group of friends in the neighborhood. Charlie and Bridge have been constant companions and he has had a blast. Chaser was so excited (almost as excited as Daddy) for soccer to start back up. The first practiced was rained out, and apparently half the team cried as a result ;) Too cute. He is also doing gymnastics with Charlie and Evan - fun! We headed down to Waco for Labor Day and finally were able to enjoy the river. FINALLY! It was beautiful and smooth as always. Chaser decided that he wanted to wakeboard (without any pushing from us) - and he got up on the second try! He even managed to stay up for over 20 seconds! We were so proud of him! And he LOVED it and couldn't wait to do it again the next day even after doing a couple faceplants. I could see J's heart swelling all the while. Im so glad J has a daredevil child he can push the limits with (or am I????) ;) Zoe on the other hand, was very tempted by the proffered ice cream, but decided to "maybe do it the next day, or next time, or maybe next YEAR." ;) She then very patiently explained to me that "people learn to do things at different ages." I told her that was just fine with me! But, Zoe had Stella, so they were just happy to play (because they "NEVER have time to play!!")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment