Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Snuggle Time

2017 started off with lots of cuddles.  Zoe, very sadly had to go back to school on January 3rd, but Chaser was off until January 17th!!!  So, I decided I was going going to soak up all the little boy goodness that I could over 2 weeks.  So, I did.  And it was greatness.  Chaser has been sleeping pretty late so often I would get back in bed and he would come cuddle with me (like close as he could get cuddle) while he watched rescue bots for a little bit.  Then we would sit in the living room and play games or read books for hours.  He LOVES games right now.  He got a couple new ones for Christmas - favorites being Goblet Goblers and Sleeping Queens. And he is actually pretty good at them- and fun to play with.  If I tell him we can play games, he will go to the (newly organized) game closet and get a huge pile and want to play each one several times.   Last week he got an enormous stack of books and brought them into the living room and we read for 2 whole hours.  (good thing I have coffee!) It was just perfect.  Of course he was cuddled up to me the entire time.  And, I registered my little boy for KINDERGARTEN this week- tear tear.  I just cannot believe that.  It makes me want to cry.  These two weeks I have basically pushed off anything that was not a necessity (aka grocery) so I could just be with my sweet buddy.  And, although I miss tennis and the freedom to run around and “get stuff done” I have to say that thoroughly enjoyed and counted this time as precious.  I know when he goes to school I will fill my time with lots of things, but it will be an end of an era, a big change.  No more hanging out at the Zoo all morning (although I fully play on playing hookie with them if we aren’t over our 10 day limit from vacation!- Mental health day!)  And, although Zoe is still sweet, once they go off to school, they aren’t all “mine” anymore.  They have other people they listen to for more hours of the day than me, more people in general to influence them.  Which, is not all a bad thing, but I really do wish I could just keep him at 4.5 forever.  Thankfully he will be surrounded buy an amazing core group of friends that we have already made that I am so thankful for.  Today he and I spent 2 hours in ToysRus (which I actually usually highly dislike) but he was the best little helping trying to find Zoe a birthday present she would like.  (He picked her out a “rainbow light-up mermaid” - perfect)  He is super into Rescue Bots and these other little transforming planes called super wings.  On the way home he asked me “Mommy, what will happen to my lovies when I go to heaven? Can I take my lovies up to heaven with me?  (Actually “Wuvies” please dont ever say that differently buddy).  And every night and almost every morning he asks me “Snuggle Momu?”  Just nothing better than that.  

0 comments: