We went straight from Christmas into Zoe’s birthday as it seems we do every year. She has grown so much over the last year but she still wants a rainbow birthday. So, another rainbow unicorn party we did. Per her normal we had a fun day with Ainsley shopping and just hanging out an going to her favorite Japanese steakhouse for dinner, followed by ice cream of course. She is about 52” talk which means she can basically ride all the fun rides at six flags etc. Zoe has become much more aware of social things is really starting to have her own opinion on A LOT which is exciting, yet challenging. Academics still come fairly easy for her and her teacher conference this year we talked about how to stimulate and push her a little harder - thankfully her teacher Mrs. Kirkpatrick is just a jewel and is on board. Mrs. K says that Zoe is top of the class and has a great work ethic! She has learned cursive and still continues to have beautiful handwriting. Art is still her favorite subject. She has starting wearing “athleisure” or workout clothes as she calls them. I still love Matilda Jane and we still love doing those shoots together. She loves being the oldest girl. She still plays with her horses and princesses from time to time but doesn’t play as much make believe as she used to. I’m hoping this summer when we have more time at home all the princesses make a reappearance more often. She spends most of her spare time reading, dancing to her tunes, playing school with Chase if he will let her, or begging me for a friend to come over. Or playing with our sweet Lexi girl. She is dancing up a storm and really improving and loving her Jazz and Hip Hop class. Zoe read 12 hardback books (Geronimo Stilton and the Kingdom of Fantasy) over about a 4 week period. I’m so excited she is getting into bigger books and loving it. AND that she loves fantasy! I can see a lot of books and movies that the boys don’t like in our future! She has also bonded with Bridge’s little sister Brynley, who is like Zoe’s mini me. She is SO much like Zoe was at that age and she loves being with Zoe so much. Zoe is so sweet and good about playing with her and watching out for her. They are pretty precious to watch. Zoe has even brought out all her old princess dresses and they have tried them all on for us. Its like Zoe can be little again with Brynley, with no pressure to be “big”, and I absolutely love it.
Lexi - So after we lost our sweet Kailey girl, Chase kept brining papers home from school that said something to the effect of “I had a nice dog, but she died”, or “I love my family. My dog was so fun, but she died.” And those notes just kept coming home. So, December 30th we picked up our newest addition, Lexi. Those first couple weeks were rough even though she was so sweet. FREEZING cold weather for over a month (like unusually), and an iron fence that she can walk right through made for those constant potty breaks pretty much awful. Then the chewing started - and those teeth are SHARP! There was about a 3 week period where I thought, WHAT did I do? WHY did I do this to myself… but.. it passed.. and Lexi is seriously the BEST little pup in the whole world. Then the notes came home were more like “I got to walk my new dog to school” or “My puppy’s name is Lexi and she is funny!” And she is. Her little personality is just perfect for our family. She is such a love and really just wants to be with you at all times. She is my shadow during the day and follows the kids around as soon as they get home from school. She is super friendly to everyone she sees and just a happy pup. The kids absolutely adore her and the feeling is mutual. She is hilarious and will go sit in their pottery barn chairs with them after school for a cuddle. She gets so thrilled to see them at school pickup - she always jumps up on Chase and “hugs” him - and she is just as tall standing as he is - and he LOVES it and thinks that its the best thing ever. Cant blame him, I love my Lexi hugs too. Zoe walks her to school almost every day. Chase walks her for a little bit then gets impatient and wants to run, shocker. He now gets across the street and on school grounds and says ok mommy, hug me, I got to go! He wants to run in and and see his buddies.. My sweet girl just walks all the way up to the door with me, not rushed at all even though its like 2 minutes till and hugs me and Lexi before walking in. Yep, we love our Lexi lu, Lewie, Lulu. Pup goes by about 4 names, depending on who is talking to her!
Spring flew by as usual with a flurry of activity. Lots of soccer (Go Lightning!), lots of baseball (Go Sharks!), and lots of campouts and little trips. Chase played soccer, baseball, and tennis this spring and has loved every second of it. He still says soccer is his favorite because he gets to run a lot. He also tells me on almost a daily basis who won the races at recess. He is usually number 2-3 and if he beats James Davis, then its a really good day! Both kids did several Y Campouts with J, loving every minute. Zoe will have one more year and its going to be super sad for her when its done! We headed to Broken Bow again this year with the DeJeans, Sayles, and Colquitts. It was a perfect weather weekend thank goodness as pretty much the entire rest of spring has been either raining or freezing. We did our amazing horseback ride with Riverman Trail Guides, an Easter Egg hunt, and lots of hanging out and hiking. Zoe and I went to Pine Cove for our annual mommy, daughter time. We were just hanging out before it was time to go and she said, “mommy, I just love this place.. its so peaceful and awesome”.. That it is sweet girl. J competed in his very first Triathlon in March and, unsurprisingly loved it and clocked a fabulous time. He has since been on a training agenda for his next longer Olympic one in June. His natural competitive drive is enjoying this outlet and his back hasn’t felt this good in years so Im thrilled he found a little something for himself. Me - Tennis.. Tennis all the time. I love it and basically would play all day every day if A. I had time, and B. my body wouldn't complain about it! I changed teams back in the Fall to a new team called En Fuego and its been such a blast and the competition has been great! Great exercise, great fun, and always an entertaining taco lunch after matches on Thursdays!
All the sudden, its April… and my sweet baby is turning SIX.. even though I tried to make him promise me to stay 5 forever! And because I wasn’t sad enough already, he lost his first tooth the night before his birthday party! Say it isn’t so! Chase had a Super Mario Birthday party at Altitude (again) and had a fabulous time jumping around like crazy with all his friends. They were all covered in sweat by the time we left. His favorite gifts were his Nintendo DS, new Razor big wheel, and climbing dome. He loves to climb and has now worked up to doing 5 lengths of his Ninja slackline in a row without stopping! Pretty amazing. Chase has just flourished this year, loving and doing famously in kindergarten. My absolute favorite thing about kinder are the little notes he writes on the back of his morning work. I am going to miss those so much. They are often about our family or the weekend’s sports games or activities. He often tells how many goals he scored or outs his team got in baseball. Mrs. Mac, his teacher is seriously the best - I already want to cry when I think about him moving on. She loves him so much, and has, on multiple occasions told me that Chase is one of her favorites and such a special kid. She told me the other day that when she first laid eyes on him before kinder, he was zooming around the school playground on that scooter like he owned the place (at age 4) so she assumed he would be one of the crazies, but, no, not her sweet Chase! She just goes on and on about how well he listens and wants to please. The feeling is quite mutual as Chase is always asking me to text or email Mrs. Mac something or other he has done, or wants to share with her. He is excelling academically also (seems both kids received J’s brain and memory) and is already reading small chapter books like Magic Tree House. (now THAT part they got from me - ha ;) He needs a little help here and there, but is totally capable. He tested into Reach with shockingly crazy scores (I was not expecting) and has really enjoyed that part of school as well. He is a TOTAL perfectionist and his biggest challenge is when he can’t get something exactly as he wants it. On the friend front, he seems to be outgoing, always shouting hello and is easy going and happy to play with whoever, as long as they will run! He talks the most about Bridge, Evan, and Jet. My favorite story so far this year came from Mrs. Mac. She was talking to one of the other kids privately about something and Chase raised his hand and in a super polite voice said “Mrs. Mac, Im really sorry to interrupt your "serious" conversation, and it’s not an “emergency”, but I really need to poop so can I go to the bathroom?” She told him Yes! go!, and he said “But, I didn't want to interrupt”. So Mrs. Mac said, “Its ok, Next time just show me.” (meaning use the hand signal they use for going to the bathroom). He looked at her totally bewildered and said, “Show you my poop???” At that point she just pointed out the door, trying to hold in her laughter - JUST GO! Bahahahahahaha… Oh my, I can JUST see his face.. Greatness right there.


0 comments:
Post a Comment