Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Firsts

Well, today is officially my FIRST blog. Im suprising myself a little bit that I haven't done this before now, seeing as I love all this web/technical stuff. So the reason for my First blog is because of another exciting First. On May 25th, 2008 I found out I was pregnant with our FIRST child. Of course I only lasted about 10 minutes before I told Justin. Since it was memorial day, I wrapped up the pregnancy test (in blue of course) and gave it to Justin as a "memorial day" present. Hehehe.. It didnt take him long though. I had always thought of the cute ways I could tell him, but you know, when you get there, what can I say, I was impatient. And of course we were going to the lake with the whole fam that day so we couldnt say anything all day long ! We just had a secret smile. We decided that afternoon what the baby's name would be going forward until we actually had one. Can you guess??? Teeny Babes! Of course it had to have babes in it Justin said, and we already have a little babe, and considering that little babe is 70+ lbs and this little one in my belly was smaller than a mustard seed, we thought it appropriate. And Chad used to always call Justin Teeny.. So there you have it. And thus begun a long, but exciting 3 weeks until we share our news this weekend with the fam at the lake. This past Tuesday, June 9th, we went to the Dr. and had our FIRST sonogram. Teeny Babes is 6 weeks and 1 day old. And guess when he (and I say he because I have accepted that as I am a Conner - its in the genes) is due? February FIRST 2010.

0 comments: