Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh the Crazy things we moms do...

I now have a whole new respect for my mom. After being a mom for only 5 months, I can now imagine how many sleepless nights I caused her or why she was sad when I didn't call her much freshman year. A mother's love is fierce, protective, and unconditional. I just went into Zoe's room (she has been asleep for 3 hours now) and used a flashlight and a glass to check out a small rash she has. I wasn't too worried about it, but then I looked on the internet (bad idea) and there is this one rash that is very bad and of course I had to see if that was what she had and if we needed to take her to the Dr. in the middle of the night. Thankfully, my sister in law, Catherine, is a pediatrician, so I probably do this less than most parents, but still. What can I say? Thanks mom for the past 28 years :)

I am thankful that I know that despite my very best efforts at control (and believe me I try), that Zoe is in God's capable and loving hands, and not just my own. She is His gift to Justin and I. Lord, give me faith to remember this every day.

0 comments: