Zoe and I spent last week in Kentucky with Zoe's "Itsy" and "Tete." We had a great time! Tete threw her a 6 month "happy hour" and she was such a good birthday girl! :) Lots of Tete's friends came to see her. She enjoyed hanging out with her namesake Itsy (Lucy Mae) and visiting "The Big O" as we call it for the first time. Hopefully the first of many trips! My brother and I always enjoyed visiting KY - its a nice slow placed town and our hosts are the best! I always have fresh flowers in my room and I always eat too much with I go though! Who can turn down all that good cooking (especially if you are not the one cooking). And my uncle Charlie always has some very tasty wine ready for us. We shopped around and Tete and Itsy got Zoe some SUPER cute clothes! I love shopping there - you dont go to the mall, just lots of little shops within a 15 mile radius. My bag was 10 lbs heavier thanks to my purchases coming back so I had to transfer some to my carry-ons! (if you know me at all, you know that I was packed to the maximum weight already). Whewww. We did have a little kink in things flying home. We flew from Evansville to Dallas and when we got close to Dallas, the pilot said there were big storms over the airport and we were in a holding pattern. Then we used up our extra fuel, so we were diverted to Shreveport. We gassed up and headed back an hour and a half later, but it was a LONG 8 hours of travel, especially on that tiny 1-2 plane. But, of course, Zoe was a super star and didnt cry for more than 1 minute the whole time. Thank goodness I had her car seat on the plane! And to top it all off, she waited to have her HUGE BM until we were in the car on the way home. Thank you Zoe, for not doing it on the plane! Thanks Charlie, Tete and Itsy! We had a wonderful time and miss you already!
Eating at Nikko's our favorite restaurant.


2 comments:
I'm glad you had such a nice trip to Owensboro. Itsy looks great, I don't think she has changed a bit in all the years I have known her. I would like to go back there someday, I haven't been back there since long before you were born. I'm getting so I kind of miss it.
Love you,
Kathy
She is so darling! Love the updates, looks like an amazing trip and such a happy girl!
Post a Comment