Monday, November 22, 2010

10 Months

Oh Zoe, everytime I blink you have grown just a little bit more! Zoe is loving pulling up and everything that it brings.  If its above a foot tall, she is going to try to pull up on it.  She will "cruise" a little bit, but then wants down - I think it wears her out.  I bet she will be walking by a year. She also has cut 4 more teeth this month, so lets just say she likes things that she can pick up and put in her mouth.  She has even gnawed some of the paint off her crib- but, not to worry, its distressed anyway!  Zoe continues to love to reading, although lately she has been more interested in eating the books than looking at them.  Her favorite one right now is Mirror Me.  Each page has a mirror on it and she laughs at me when I make a face in the mirror.  Zoe also has a strange fascination with my nose and mouth- whenever I am feeding her, I have digits sticking in, grabbing at, and pulling at my face - maybe she really wants to put them in her mouth too :)  She especially likes my eyelashes.  She is also doing this weird smile lately where she squenches her nose together to do this mischievous grin.   Bathtime is still a favorite and we have moved to the big tub.  She will play happily in there for 15 minutes (or longer) but then she gets it in her mind that she wants to stand in the tub, then its time to get out.  I also have tried to get Zoe to eat some finger food (or anything not puree) and she is totally uninterested and refuses to try it or gags on it when I give it to her.  So, I have opted to wait another couples weeks.  Zoe has recently decided that she doesnt want to take 1 1/2, 2 hr naps anymore - like she thinks she is missing something.  Im hoping this is a phase and goes away soon!  We did drop the 3rd nap and she is fine with that.  Zoe is getting more hair too and I am looking forward to the day when I can stick a clippy in her hair!  She also is starting to be a little more clingy to Mommy, but I dont mind :)  Zoe lets me know what she wants (or doesnt) too.  Pumpkin girl has a mind of her own!    She also is talking so much more and while no real words yet (or at least that she realizes she is saying), its so fun to listen to her babble.  I wish I knew what in the world she was saying!  Zoe just figured out how to give a high five and gives such a big smile when she does it.  So cute.  Her favorite things: Keys and Zippers!



Zoe loves to be outside!

Zoe and her Grandma and Grams!

Big Girl!

1 comments:

The Lukefahrs said...

Oh, Mel... that last picture of her is just precious! I LOVE the outfit and the look on her face. And I can't believe she's standing!!