Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whewww.. Whirlwind!

Its been a busy couple weeks in our household!  Zoe is now VERY "mobile" and is pulling up on EVERYTHING!  In other words, if its above 5 inches tall, she is grabbing it and trying to stand.  She also has just barely started to want to "cruise" between our fingers.  Zoe, very unfortunately got her first bump on the head today.  She was crawling around in the grass in the front yard, and her arm must have landed in a crevice but she went tumbling onto our circle drive.  Guess I need a boo boo bunny!  We sit in the front yard a lot and Zoe's favorite toy no matter what I bring out are the leaves she finds on the ground.  She just wants to crinkle them up! We have been visiting the Arboretum a lot - Zoe loves playing in the big grass!  And its just nice to sit outside and have a picnic in such a beautiful place.  

I had my high school reunion 2 weeks ago.  It was fun to see some of my old friends.  My best high school pal Lauren flew in from London!  (Her boss bought her ticket, how nice was that!) Shout out to Waterfield and Emily!  (Both Chi Omega's at A&M with me as well).   I have to say not that much has changed in 10 years.   We all even look pretty much the same.  I think the next one will be a lot more interesting.  And for your delight and yes, you have my full permission to laugh - here is a lovely picture of Emily, Lauren, Justin and I on mission tour in 1997.  YIKES. Ok, maybe we do look different.  And yes, I left this picture small on purpose.


Zoe, Justin and I at the Arboretum!

Happy Halloween!  My little ladybug was so precious.  We trick 'r treated to our neighbors, then gigi, pops, and grandma and grandad's house.  She was a trooper!
 Wish I could have gotton a better picture by these flowers.  Matched perfectly! 

My Itsy (grandmother) turned 87 on Nov 1 and for her birthday, a bunch of the family pitched in to fly Zoe and I up to Kentucky for a surprise visit.  My aunt and uncle walked into her house and told her she had a package on her front porch and Zoe and I were standing there with our bows on!  It was so fun and so good to see everyone.  Thanks for having us Charlie and Tete!  It was a fun vaca for us! I made them pull over one day to get a pic of Zoe in these pretty leaves. (I know, Im crazy but our leaves here are always brown)

 Zoe and Itsy
 Surprise!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh lordy... you did not really post that picture?!?! Hilarious!! Thank you Waterfield for at least blocking part of my stomach with your head! (Actually, I'd take that stomach again any day!!) :-)

Zoe is TOO PRECIOUS for words!! Looks like y'all have been doing GREAT!!!

lauren said...

OMG Mel! I can't believe you posted that picture!! Oh the boyshort bathing suits and hemp necklaces, it all seems like a lifetime ago! It was so good to see you, sad it was only for a few minutes. I'll be home in a few short weeks for Christmas though, we'll have to plan some time together!