This weekend my precious Zoe girl turned one year old- I cant believe it. In once sense it seems like I can barely remember what life was like before her, yet this year has flown by with so many wonderful memories. We had a part for her on Saturday and it was so much fun. We had an owl theme "Look Whooo's turning One!" and I think it turned out super cute. I know she will not remember, but I will and what a great occasion to celebrate! We had about 34 people - which was so fun because almost all of Zoe's little friends came to celebrate her. We had a Jump-O-lene with balls in it and I think it was a hit even though she is still a little young for it. I think we will keep it up for a little while and maybe she will get the hang of it. Right now she bounces a little but really just likes crawling in and out of it, and eating the balls of course. I also used the same sign that my friends made for her baby shower (except for adding a number 1!) which was so neat. I made her a smash cake (with 3 colored layers mind you) even though I knew with her record of hating all textured food that she probably would not eat any of it and this thought was confirmed. Apparently even sweet icing is not as good as puree green beans! She played in it, but pretty much spit out all of the icing we put in her mouth. We also had a pull sting pinata and Grayson opened it on the third try! Thanks to everyone who came - it was wonderful to have so many wonderful friends there. After the actual party, we had our family dinner (all 15 of us) - and our family party. LaLa and Pappy gave Zoe my old doll bed (with a new mattress made to fit) and she has enjoyed climbing up and down on it - I dont think she realizes what it is yet. She also got several new instruments which she has been very much enjoying. It was fun to have the whole family together again. And we will do it again next weekend when we celebrate Maddox and Grayson's Birthday!
Zoe at one year! I want to write it all down so I don't forget. We call her Zoe girl, Pumpkin, sweet baby and precious. She is 30" (75th%), 19 lbs 15 oz (45th%), and her head circ is 45.6 (73rd%). Her favorite things - her Cozy Coupe - she loves to crawl to it and then look at me to say "push me mommy" She loves to take off her socks and shoes - and eat them of course. We have almost lost several shoes in the grocery! And her socks never stay on long either. She has also figured out "storage" and will put the sock in her mouth so she can crawl better while still "holding" the sock. She still loves lift and flap and touch and feel books - particularly the one with body parts. Pretty much a guarantee if I hold up the book, she will race towards me to come read it. She loves to crash into Fluffy when we finish cruising and will just nuzzle into her. Her other favorite toys are things she can pick up, and hold (little blocks, balls, or her drumsticks) She still resists any food with texture except puffs. She did eat shredded cheese the other day though! I started her on whole milk this week and she like it but doesn't drink very much at all, but for some reason she gets really excited when I give it to her - perhaps because she know she will shortly be able to drop it on the floor which is her very favorite thing! She loves to cruise between our hands and I can tell her to go find daddy's office, kailey, or Zoe's room and she knows right where to go. Other words Zoe knows - car (as in hers), drink, sock, shoe, phone, fluffy, book, ball and Im sure many others that i just havent tested her on- I think she knows Mommy and Dadda, but its hard to tell since we use them so much. Zoe signs "all done" - and will put her hands together to pray, but we haven't quite figured out more or please yet. I think she resists those because she still doesn't like her hands grabbed. She LOVES when Daddy comes home and just lights up - its so precious. And for some reason she gets a second wind too, its like she saves a little freshness just for him. She loves baths, but hates getting out and getting dressed afterwards. I thought about it the other day, and she has never had a babysitter that is not family (except in the church nursery of course). Zoe also likes to look at pictures, especially of herself - she thinks they are funny! We are officially weaning off the passy this week so hopefully that will go well. She has had dry skin on her face where the passy sits, so we are ready to get rid of that. Zoe is still happy almost all the time and has definitely gotten more opinionated on what she does or doesn't want to do and will let you know. She is so precious when she hears music and starts bouncing to it. She loves all her grandparents and I love that she gets so happy whenever she sees them. She gets a lot of love! Thanks Zoe for the best 1 year of our lives!
Now, you can enjoy some pics which is im sure what you were looking for anyway...
Thanks again everyone for making it so special!!


2 comments:
Amazing party....lovely pics!! So glad we got to celebrate with Miss Zoe!!
I'm SO sad we had to miss it! Everything looked perfect!! Happy late Birthday to Miss Zoe. We will have to get these girls together soon!
Post a Comment