Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two Obsessions and an Award

One is mine, and the other is Zoe's.   Me- ok, those of you who know me know that I have always loved taking pictures - like to the point of everyone else's annoyance (but yall know you love the pictures afterwards).  So J got me a DSLR for Christmas and I have been camera crazy (or crazier) ever since.  This includes taking it with me whenever Zoe and I do anything outside, or she looks particularly cute (which is  quite frequent).  I also now spend a lot of time doing online tutorials, classes and surfing the web for helpful info.  My new favorite is Mom*tog (thanks Jenni).  I cannot wait until my class starts up in April! yea!  I just cant help myself!

Ok, onto Zoe.  Zoe LOVES steps. I mean, like if there are steps anywhere around, don't even think about trying to do anything but go up and down.  I took her to this nice park with that good rubber floor (so she doesnt eat the gravel or mulch) and all she wanted to do was go up and down, over and over, and over, and over!  My little pumpkin is a toddler!  She is also quite the explorer.  Whenever we have playgroups, kindermusik, etc. she used to be happy sitting by me and playing with toys, but now she wants to GO.  And usually she wants me to "walk" with her.  Its so funny seeing her so opinionated about wanting to go here or there.  She just wanted to see and touch everything.  So, I just hope she "learns by osmosis" as J always says he did - because she is not into circle time!

My sweet friend Jen also awarded me a stylish blogger award - Thanks Jen!  Jen and I met at a bible study and were in it together for about 4 years.  I got to see her and her hubby get together, get married, and move into our neighborhood! yea!


The rules of the Stylish Blogger Award are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 other worthy bloggers.
4. Notify the bloggers that they were given a Stylish Blogger Award.
 (I am going to cheat though im picking my top 3)

About me:
1.  See above obsession 
2. I love a good fantasy/sci fi book - the longer the better.  I know, its weird. 
3. I live within 5 miles of my parents, J's parents, and all 4 of his grandparents.  Needless to say we have never had to pay a babysitter.  I also talk to mom mentioned above virtually every day.  (my mom is cool)
4.  I LOVE being a mom (and had a closet full of baby clothes - I did work in the Neimans baby dept- before I got pregnant)
5. I met J when i was 15, my mom met my dad when she was 15, and my grandmother met my grandfather when she was 15.  As soon as Zoe turns 15, I am watching all her BFs like a hawk!
6.  I love to shop and now spend way too much money on amazon.com
7. I have 19 bins of Christmas decor in my attic. 

Now for my favorite blogs:
Jen at Its a Roger's Life - She has the funniest stories about her kiddos... My very favorite post of hers - and I would link to it but I couldnt find it.. was called Everybody Poops - hysterical! 

Allison at The Blogivers - We were ChiO's together and she puts up old pics of her and her twin Amanda every wednesday - and they are quite funny! 

Mindy at Peanut Butter and Poptarts - my friend that got me blogging. 

thats all folks

And what you really wanted...

Yes, we match, yes, I planned it. Yes, this is my favorite dress (its from paris with love after all)


Mom, really, another picture?

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yeah! I am glad to have another friend who is a mamarazzi! Can't wait to hear how your class goes!

the blogivers said...

Yay, thanks for the award! :) Courtney S. tagged me with the same award last week, so I might not end up posting about it again, but I still love the award! Have a great weekend :) (Oh and so glad you are enjoying the awesome Way Back When-sday posts, ha!)