Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Yep, its summer, in Texas, which means we are basically spending the whole day in the pool when possible.  Zoe and I (and many times Chase) get in almost everyday.  Zoe says "Swim mommy, Swim!" and off she goes!  She can actually swim across the short side of the pool by herself which I think is pretty impressive for a not yet 2.5 year old.  She can come up for air too, though she prefers not to.  Chase finally got in the pool 2 weeks and and he loves it too.  He just hangs there in his star float happy as a clam.  I have gotten in the habit of just filling the baby bathtub up on the patio so I give him a bath right after we swim.  One day, I went in to put him down for a nap after his "spa" bath and came out to find Zoe sitting in it having a ball!  Now she requests the bathtub to be put on the porch.  Zoe and I have lots of good conversations while we swim together.  My favorite the other day:
me - Zoe, I love you
Z - I love you SO much
me - I love you SO much too Zoe
Z - Come here and let me love ya momma (she proceeds to give me a big hug)
SO sweet.  She also told me she wanted to do "God things" the other day and asked me what evil was. It was on a monday so they must have talked about it at church the day before.  How do you explain evil to a 2 year old?  Anyway, her little brain is always working.  Today on the porch she looked up the sky and said " There is a half moon momma" and sure enough - a perfect half moon!  Where did she learn that!  I downloaded some new music for her and we have been having dance parties everyday.  She LOVES is when her daddy sings "Pharaoh Pharaoh" and CRACKs up when he sings the UGH part.  She thinks that is just about the funniest thing ever.  (it is pretty funny :)  And now almost every morning or anytime we are not in a dress for some reason or other she immediately asks for a dress. I cannot imagine what she is going to be like at 12.  We are going to have a hard time in the fall when we have to wear pants!  Chase is doing great on his new schedule (thank you Lord!) so he is eating every 3 hours and sleeping consistently from 11:10 to 7:30 (and I have to wake him up!)  He does wake around 6 and whine/cry for a bit, but it usually doesn't last long.  He now sleeps on his side or his stomach most of the time.  He rolls over almost as soon as his head touches the bed.  Also, we are up to 16 lbs!  oh my..  He is getting some new little hair too.  So soft.  I can't wait to see what he looks like at 6 months.  He started laughing a lot last week too.

And now to leave you with another conversation Zoe and I had in the car.
Zoe- why that car have flowers on it momma?
me - its a car for a flower shop
Zoe - why it a flower shop
me - it sells pretty flowers to people
zoe - why it sell flowers
me - well, it gets flowers from the fields and puts them in the shop for people
zoe - why the flowers in the fields
me - well, God puts the flowers in the fields
zoe - why God put flowers in the fields
me - Im not sure
Zoe - how he put flowers in the fields
me - because God created the whole world and he created flowers in the fields
zoe - why momma....
2 minutes later
Zoe - not many clouds in the sky today momma
me - you are right Zoe, God gave us a big blue sky today
Zoe - where the clouds go?
me- I don't know, maybe God put them in his pocket
Zoe - thats funny momma!




0 comments: