Friday, August 17, 2012

4 Months and Summer!

4 months and 2 1/2! - wow- cannot believe it!  Do i start every post like that? hmmm.. anyway, my little sweet boy is growing SO fast! He is 17 lbs. 1oz  (90%) and 25.5 " (70%).  We are slightly down on the chubometer :)  You forget how fast they change at this age.  He can already sit up by himself which is totally crazy - future Olympian?  His eyes are now more of a dark green color.  His cheeks are just as pinchable as ever!  Chase you are such a happy boy and always give your momma lots of smiles!  He is even giving me lots of laughs too.  I love that he smiles back almost every time I smile at him.  After being around so many other babies as Zoe has grown up, I realized that she was a really happy baby and is still such a happy little girl.  I was so wanting Chase to be the same and he is!  Now dont get me wrong he is a wiggle monster and NEVER wants to be still, sit, be read to, period - unless he is outside, sometimes he will watch for a little while.  He is much more active and opinionated that Zoe, but I am just so thankful for his happy demeanor.  I call him my sweet boy and he is.  He is sleeping fabulous now from 10:30 - 7:30 when I wake him.  Chase - you rock!  Momma needs her zzz's.  His absolute favorite thing to do aside from when i talk to him or sing or giggle at him is to watch and interact with Zoe.  He LOVES her.  It is pretty much the most adorable thing ever.  And Zoe is so sweet to him.  Zoe walked up to him the other day, gave him a sweet hug and said "I love you soooooooo much"  I am so thankful they have each other.  Chase is all about his hands these days too and either has them in his mouth, or grasped together in front of him all the time. Its such a cute pose.

Zoe girl is so much fun right now.  2.5 - my favorite age yet!  She is SO smart and remembers EVERYTHING.   We went to Chase's checkup this week (and she was very adamant that it was "Chase's checkup, not my check up, not mommy's checkup)  The doctor (lady) walked in and Zoe blurts out "You have pretty shoes on dont ya!"  Cracks me up.  She finally pee peed in the potty (once) so now she has Daisy, Mickey, and Minnie, her constant companions.. I wonder how many diapers they have all had on!  She gets Donald when she poo poos but has show little interest other than talking about it.  Zoe is all about doing art and playing "games"(all these homemade games matching, numbers, etc)  right now.  She will sit at the little table and color, paint, stamp, and glue away actually staying pretty clean.  She is very orderly in how she does things and will line all her items up very neatly (she must get this from Justin - you kow its not me!)  She will glue pom poms on paper and very carefully do a dot of glue, followed by a pom pom over and over again - making it just right.    Love you my sweet Zoe girl!

Zoe at 4 months

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures, as usual, Mel! I'm going to have to meet little Chase soon, or he'll be a year before I've even seen him!