Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Big Steps and Lion King

Chase - my little baby - you are growing so fast!  You are SO close to walking and will walk around the table, or behind your little push toys.  The other day I saw you stand up on your own, without anything to pull up on.  I have a strong suspicion that you will be walking by 1 year - which is fine with me by the way!  Crawling is for the birds - and creates very dirty hands :)  You also can say Momma, and Bye bye (which you love saying with a wave a smile day long, even if we are not actually leaving).  I think you just like people to do it back to you.  You also are clapping and high fiving!  Oh, and you are getting two more teeth- oh joy.  Not that you need any help with your eating skills.  If you can mash it up, you will eat it.  You are really fighting me on the naps right now, and we are trying going down to one, but that has not been so successful so far.  But, even when you are tired, you are such a happy boy.  My absolute favorite thing you are doing right now is when I sing Jesus loves me, right before bed, you hold your lovey and fit your little head under my chin.  And cuddle.. ohhh how I love that.  You go to sleep at night SO well... unlike someone else in our household.  And you love Kailey, going outside, and most of all your swing out front.  If we walk by the front door and I start to open it you almost hyperventilate you get so excited to swing - just like food! Today you were staring out the playroom window laughing at it.

Zoe girl, you are full of imagination and stories these days.  I think I have played dress up with you almost every day this week.  And my favorite quote of the week - Im unwrapping a cinderella horse and carriage and Im taking the plastic wrap off the horses mane.  You say "Mommy, dont take that off, its so her hair doesn't get in her snot!"  HA.. Think we have had lots of snotty noses in our house this winter? You love going to the sanctuary at church and want to listen to "Gods music" but you are not a fan of the organ.  Too loud i guess.  You are getting quite opinionated and are very much wanting to do everything "by yourself".  Sorry baby girl, you are 3, not 13.  Unfortunately she doesnt realize this and is already getting a little more attitude than I like. Ah well, the joys of parenting :)  2 was easy.  3 is hard!! And bedtime thing takes FOREVER.  Zoe stalls like a pro.  We are trying to put the foot down but whew.. its brutal.  But, on a good note, she is so much fun to talk to because she just asks so many questions, mostly starting with .. why??  One of these days Im going to count how many times she asks me that in 24 hrs.   :)  And she is obsessed with the Lion King.  The songs, the lions, everything.  She can sing "I just cant wait to be king" and "Hakuna Matata" not word for word but pretty darn close!  She asked me yesterday "why did Nala tell Simba he was the king" "why was Simba scared" "why was simba the king" "why did the monkey hold the baby lion in the sky"  "why were the other animals bending down" "why was there another baby lion at the end" and on and on... Im glad I happen to love that movie!
And here is a pic, Chasey was being more cooperative with this photo session.


1 comments:

The Scott Family said...

Max and her are kindred spirits! Their first date should be watching Lion King...obsessed over here too.