Yep, thats right, my sweet little boy is 2! I cannot believe it! 30lbs (75%) and 34.25"(50%) of ALL boy. And to celebrate his second birthday, he started riding his balance bike- like actually riding it and balancing, something Zoe girl still has absolutely ZERO interest in doing. He will be will be flying with speed around the block in weeks. He already can go all the way around the block on it, and really doesn't want to stop even then. I ordered him a serious helmet - I can tell he is going to need it. He totally bit it the other day and got right back up and kept going. He is going to be like his Daddy, and make me prematurely gray. He is talking, talking, talking, and is constantly saying things and making sure I repeat them so I understand. "mommy help me" "Datu did it" "Chase climb" "cars, in there" are some of his favorites. He pretty regularly strings 3 words together. He, like Zoe at 2, is always on the lookout for airplanes -"airplane, high!" "airplane, up there" He knows some of his colors - and for sure every character on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, his favorite show. (or "mouse" as he calls it) He loves cars, trucks, trains, and balls, and of course he loves being outside. He has started to We took him to Great Wolfe Lodge for his birthday as opposed to a party, since he could care less about anyone being there except family anyway. And, he LOVED it. He played so hard. When I tried to put him down after a full day of water slides and pools, he kept saying "blue slide, a lot" "wawa slide" "blue slide, a lot" - yes, he slid down that blue slide a hundred times. After the first hour or two, he would slide, and walk all the way up the steps "wait" his turn, and go down by himself. He actually, and amazingly ended up sleeping with me (and lovey and mickeys) that night, his first time ever to not sleep in the crib/pack and play. I think he was so revved up, he couldn't calm down! But, lets be honest, I loved all the (very close) cuddles from my buddy. It was kind of precious, if not the most restful :) Chase will finally let me read him a few select books with more than just pictures. Of course, only if they have to do with Mickey, cars, trucks, or sometimes trains. But as for sitting in my lap reading story after story, forget it. He would rather RUN down the hall pushing one of his vehicles. Which, by the way, he does after bath every day. We do bath, dry hair, then (naked) he runs to the hall, yells "GO" and runs down the hall laughing all the way to his room. As far as musically, Chase knows "Let it Go" and "Love is an open Door", but those songs are the only ones I have actually heard him sing more than a couple words to. Go figure :) Oh, and he is totally still a Momma's boy! He loves to cuddle too!
And Zoe girl, she is growing up to fast - here are some of her recent thoughts:
Mommy, I want long hair, like really long hair, like Rapunzle
Mommy, I want to fly! (well, Zoe you could be a pilot when you grow up and fly a plane) no mommy, I mean, like with wings, like Tinkerbelle (oh, yea, thats probably not going to happen Zoe girl) Why?
Mommy, who I am going to marry?
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment