Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring-- finally!

Well, its FINALLY getting nice outside here.  I feel like winter was forever long this year, especially with all those crazy days in the teens with ice and blah!  This weekend was totally gorgeous - 80's sunny - perfect!  So naturally we are spending much of our time outside.  The kids absolutely love our hard, especially Chase.  He wants outside all day long.  He and Zoe are pretty cute when they play together out there too.  Usually Zoe is the momma, and she spends her time escorting chase  or "brother" to the "kitchen", his "room"(the garden), "her room"(all various places in the yard), and of course he follows right along.  Any many times they are either barefoot or BOTH in high heels (which of course drives J totally crazy).   I keep telling him there will soon be a day where he wouldn't be caught dead in those heels :)  But not yet… Let Zoe enjoy it for as long as its lasts! Zoe will also drape a blanket around her like a dress, and of course Chase follows suit with his own blanket.  It makes me laugh so hard.  What can I say, he just loves his sister.  Its mutual though, Zoe is always wanting Chase to come play with her and I love that.  "Hey "Bud", come play in my room with me "Otay" says Chase, and off they go.  His vocabulary increases exponentially each week, though he is still leagues behind where Zoe was at (almost) 2.  He also has started calling everything blue, or yellow, (even if its totally not one of those colors- blue car, yellow milk, yellow mickey) so I'm not entirely sure what he is talking about.  He also has started to tell me "away!" or "chase!!!!" when he wants to do something by himself.  Very stubborn that one :)  But man, is he still the sweetest thing ever.  He comes up and gives me these bigs hugs all the time.  Don't ever change buddy!  Momma LOVES that.  And, yes, still a momma's boy, though he is giving daddy a little more credit these days. Zoe girl and I are off to a girls weekend soon to go visit some friends and Im really looking forward to some alone time with my girl.  We don't really get any and lets face it, Chase is not always into whatever Z is doing.  Though- 90% of the time, Z just wants to "play" baby. (where I am the baby) so that works out ok.  She has been driving me a "little" crazy lately with her pickiness about getting dressed - it drives me over the edge.  Either the pants are too short, the seam doesn't hit right, its 20 degrees and she doesn't want pants, she wants a sleeveless dress without a jacket, the bottom of the dress isn't straight…… you get the drift.  While I do think some small part of this is sensory(which I know she can't help), it still makes me nuts. But, what can I say, I love that stinker to pieces.  She is always saying "You are the best momma!" which of course makes me melt.  We head to disney later this summer and I am SOOOO excited for her to experience it.  She just LOVES her princesses, and we have been reading the character encyclopedia quite a bit.  Actually, every night we still have to pray for princesses, and she will correct us if we forget.  She and Chase are both so ready to swim.  Daddy let them in the pool the other day (when it was 50 degrees outside) and they were having a total ball until mommy came and rained on their parade.  Soon we will spend virtually every waking moment in the pool I think.  Chase even likes to go under.  Ha!  maybe I have the next two Michael Phelps :)

0 comments: