Sunday, September 26, 2010

8 months

My sweet girl is 8 months.  Time is flying!  We have been having so much fun together.  Her new favorite thing to do (other that put everything in her mouth of course) is to read books!  She LOVES to read.  (taking after her mom) I mean, its pretty amazing that I can read 3 or 4 books in row to her and she will just sit there and listen.  Her favorite book is now the Pout Pout Fish which Lauren introduced me to.  Anyone have any other favorite I need to add to our library?   She likes the ones that rhyme the best.  She also has gotten so much more controlled with her movements and will often have one toy in one hand, and another one in the other hand.  (which both end up in her mouth)  Better than any toy though, is mommy's nose, eyes, hair, or any other part of my face.   The first thing Zoe does to anyone she knows is put her hand on their face like she is exploring you.  So precious.  We have started our fall activities which include doing Kindermusik and BSF.   Both are wonderful!   Zoe just lights up when she hears the Kindermusik songs and its also some great cuddle time for me :)  She also unfortunately has her 2nd cold.  Poor thing sounds awful.  She weighs 18 lbs, 4 oz.  (still 55%).  She is a great eater and will still pretty much eat anything I give her.  Fruits obviously a favorite, but oddly enough she loves green beans just as much (must get that from her Daddy).  Zoe still hasn't started crawling or pulling up, but she does get up on her hands and knees and rock and giggle.  Zoe's favorite time of the day is when her daddy walks in the door - she gets SO excited to see him.  She is still just amazingly happy, I think she is the happiest little thing I have ever seen.  One of my very favorite things about you is that whenever I smile at you, you smile right back at me.  We do it whenever we get in the car- before I shut your door, I give you a grin, and you smile right back.   This also comes in very handy when I am taking pictures of you!  Thank you for your sweet smiles, they are such a gift. 



3 comments:

The Lukefahrs said...

Mel, she just gets cuter and cuter! And I agree, she is the happiest little thing ever. Glad y'all like Pout Pout as much as we do! I think "PowPow" was William's third word!

Andress said...

She is precious! Love the pictures. Miss you much!

Jennifer said...

Love that little zebra tutu number she's wearing!