I cant believe July is almost here.. Not sure where June went! Even though its been 100 degrees practically the entire month Zoe and I have been spending about 75% of our time outside. We also started taking a mommy and me art class once a week. The first week she liked it for about 15 minutes then decided that she didnt like having the paint on her hands. Last week she figured out she likes to paint with a brush - much better than finger paint apparently - and even better when you can use the brush as a drum! She has been cracking me up lately with how she entertains herself (which she can do, when she wants to, as long as she has free reign of the house!) She is fascinated with putting things together and taking them apart. For instance - I have a chapstick (a fance one that screws together) that she will sit and play with for 15 minutes just opening and closing it. Today, at Target, I finally got the poor girl a brush and some detangler. I knew the brush would be a hit because it had a "slide on" packaging. And - yes, Zoe played with that thing for 10 minutes when we got home.. on. off.. on .. off.. on . off... Cups with lids and straws are also a favorite, especially the ones from sonic, as that means she gets "soke" ice as boyfriend max says. I get her a little cup of ice that lasts about as long as it takes her to let the pool water in it (usually we are swimming) but the cup itself is 30 minutes of fun! Also on her agenda.. playing with all the boxes and bottles in the lower part of the pantry - this made even better when she is allowed to take the silverware basket out of the dishwasher (with spoons) and include that her musings. If I am missing spoons, I knew who took them! Today she put her brush, a bag of rice, and an random art craft in the basket with the spoons and carried it around for a bit. No wonder my pantry is a mess.
Since Zoe turned about 15.5 months she has been fighting the 2 naps, and we now on an official one nap schedule. This is how our normal day goes:
Up around 8 (thank you Zoe for returning to your nocturnal self), 45 minute walk, usually some activity that lets us leave the house, then lunch at 12 before nap at 12:30. She should sleep for 2 hrs, but we will say that would be lucky. Then the afternoon is up for grabs, but usually consists of swimming in the late afternoon, then dinner on the patio around 6, bathtime, then bed around 8. Then she becomes my little cuddle bug. She is SO precious with her little animals and dolls, always kissing them and patting them. She likes to kiss me and J too and give us love pats. And her kisses are on the lips now - guess she thinks thats how daddy and mommy kiss, so she should too!
We also had a visit from my Aunt Debbie and Cousin Steph last week. It was so great to see them - I hadn't seen Steph since my wedding almost 7 years ago! Thanks for coming down guys!
I also took some pictures for my friend Lindsey of her little pumpkins. It was sure different trying to get pictures of two! Here are some of my favs- and you can really tell how much the editing changes the feel of the photos - taking them is only half of it! Weren't my subjects adorable!
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment