Monday, June 20, 2011

Roomy Reunion and Father's Day

Well, we have had a busy week!  Last week Zoe and I went down to Houston with Cece and Max to visit Lauren and William.  We all lived together for 2 (and 3) years in college and we all have kids that are within 6 months of each other.  It was so much fun to reminisce over old memories and also to watch the kiddos play together.  I cant believe that we have known each other for over a decade!  Each of the kids remind me so much of their parents! We went non-stop while we were there.  Wednesday afternoon we went to the Children's Museum which was AMAZING.  Wish ours was like that.  Zoe, Max and William had a blast and as you can see from the previous post, Zoe was really enjoying hanging out with her boys.  She was giving Max tons of kisses.  So cute.  Especially since CeCe and I have decided to have an arranged marriage for them :)  The next day we went to Little Gym, then swam at the Y, then burgers for lunch.  Zoe took an almost 3 hour nap (in the bathroom, her favorite nap spot).   Lauren outdid herself and had lots of little fun treats for the kids including these homemade blueberry ice creams (which Zoe would not touch) but it was cute!  Lauren and I took Zoe and William to feed the horses right by her house and Zoe thought that was so much fun.  My girl is an animal lover for sure.  She kept asking for more.  She liked the wagon ride too.  Friday morning we met up with Courtney and Courtney, some other Chi Os that I had not seen in years!  So fun to get to see old friends.  Wheww... Im sure I forgot something, but needless to say it was a whirlwind trip!  And to top it off I was a little nervous about driving back by ourselves (we had Max and CeCe on the way there) thinking she would get sick of being in the car seat back there alone, but she was a total rock star and slept/looked out the window for about 3.5 hrs.  I only had to bribe her with one snack and we were practically home already!

Then this weekend we celebrated Father's Day at my house.  We had most of the usual crew except Chad, Catherine, and Sheila.  We grilled out burgers and had a casual dinner (on paper plates which I am definitely going to repeat) and let the Dads and Zoe swim.  It was a fun time for us all to just hang out.  Zoe showed off her dolls which she has taken to carrying around and kissing.  She also now likes to tuck them (and herself) into her dollbed (which was made by my papaw).  The cover was made by my great grandmother.  Zoe also wanted to sample everyone's shoes.  She even made Grandma Conner take hers of after she had walked around in LaLa's for a bit.  She walked around in my tennis shoes this morning.

And, unfortunately Im off, as Zoe girl just woke up after only 45 minutes... again.
Wish me luck.


Lala shoes
being goofy with Pappy
Grandma, Take of your shoes
"More" shoes!!!
The way we roll these days
The dads and Zoe
mommy pick me up
I love you max
Cell phone or ice cream??
Spray me!
max
william
cuteness
feeding the horses

my water baby

0 comments: