Sunday, March 11, 2012

A little update

Well, its been a busy time around our house lately!  We are putting the final touches on Chase's room (which I will post when everything is together!).  I can't believe he will be here in a month or so!  EEK!  I have so much to before then!  Zoe girl is growing up before my very eyes.  She fell out of her crib last week (on her head, on the hardwoods) so she has moved to her toddler bed (which I had planned on putting off as long as possible).  She had quite the black eye and its still a bit green and purple over a week later.  She has actually done beautifully with the bed and only gotten out of bed by herself once.  Im pretty impressed!  Thank you Lord!  I could not handle her getting up at night when I can barely get good sleep without any outside interruptions.  Chase is getting BIG - Dr says she thinks he will be around 8 lbs.  Our 34 week checkup went well and he is looking good!  Im hoping he comes a week or  2 early as Im already quite uncomfortable.  I never got like this with Zoe, but whewww.. now I know what everyone complains about at the end of pregnancy! I think part of it is that is he so much lower than she was and my constant bending over is squishing his little head!  So sleep has become more difficult (as has everything else)  BUT all in all Im feeling pretty good so Im thankful.

Zoe girl still constantly wows me with how much she learns on a daily basis.  She now knows her alphabet and can sing the alphabet song.  When we read now, we rarely actually are able to read all the words as she is asking me about different things in the picture.  We color almost every day which means she scribbles and tells me what she wants me to draw. Usually its "a man" or animal.  She has started to ask me "why" on almost everything.  Today it was "Jesus loves me?"  "Yes, Zoe, Jesus loves Zoe"  "Why momma?"  So Im having to be a lot more creative and diligent in my answers.  She also asks why Daddy, Pappy, Lala, etc have to go to work all the time.   Its kind of hard to explain to a 2 year old!   Im sure she gets more than I think though.  She will now tell me things match, are bigger, or smaller, the same or different, and knows all her typical colors.  And her newest thing - "2 minutes mommy!"  Starting to bargain - oh my!  Its such a fun age!  And her new favorite saying "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" - she sings it to him all the time.  Mickey and Minnie are her favorite pals!  She's starting to be such a big girl!

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

She is just precious!!

Jennifer said...

What a sweetheart! She's getting so big!