We are now home from the hospital. Yea! Though our homecoming was not exactly how I had planned. Zoe got constipated (again - poor thing) and was screaming almost the entire way home. Chase joined in every now and then. So basically we just ran in the door I fed Chase, and J and GiGi dealt with Zoe's issue. We didn't even take any pictures! But, don't worry, I started making up for that today. Zoe has been a fabulous big sister so far and is always wanting to hold Chase, rock him, and pat him. She is always asking what he is doing. I really am so thrilled and thankful for how well she has adapted so far. She also hasn't woken up to his crying - thank you Lord! Chase is a superstar and has been eating, pooping, and peeing like a champ! He came home weighing around 7lbs 1 oz and is gaining back already. He is doing pretty well at night, though he usually whines his way though 1 of the 3 hour cycles. All and all he has been pretty content. He does absolutely hate having his diaper changed, though I can't say I blame him right now after his little "surgery." Its amazing how much his looks change just in a matter of days. He actually had a bruise on his face and nose when he was born - apparently from bumping into my pelvic bone there at the end - but those are gone already and his little head has rounded out. What can I say - he is adorable :) I am amazed at how strong his little legs and arms are (though I shouldn't be considering they were kicking and punching me pretty hard for the last couple months). Guess he is going to be an athlete - Daddy already has him cheering for the Rangers :)
I finally got outside to take some some pics today with my new backdrop - yea!


4 comments:
He is just precious! I'm so glad you had a healthy, easy delivery! What a sweet blessing!!
He's so cute, Melanie! Congratulations!
He is so adorable. Congratulations Melanie, Justin, and Zoe. Love you all. Kathy
Can't wait to hold baby Chase tomorrow!!!! Loved reading your birth story! XOXO!
Post a Comment