Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conner Vacation

Well, we are back from Hawaii - its so hard to be back in the real world! We had a great time relaxing and beach bumming it. I only put on makeup twice twice the whole time we were there. Now that is a vacation! We spent a lot of time just relaxing on the beach. Towards the middle of the week I started noting some brown pigmentation on my face-- yes, I started to get "the mask" you get from sun when you are pregnant. Needless to say I spent the rest of the week at least in partial shade as you cant get rid of it until after you deliver. Oh the joys! But, I did feel Teeny moving a ton this week which is so fun. Of course she moves around the most when I am ready to go to sleep. I also, for the first time in more than a decade ate several hamburgers last week - they sounded SO good. Weird pregnancy craving I guess. But give me a REAL burger - not a mickey d's - I mean a real, cheese, bacon, avocado burger! MMM MMM good. Justin says I am finally a Conner. He is hoping it doesn't go away! Though I am sure it probably will - or at least it better for my figure's sake.

On the way over to Hawaii we stopped in LA to see Chad, Catherine, and the kids for a few hours. They live right on the beach so of course we had to take a stroll. We are visiting them again in a few weeks! Yea! Look how big Maddox and Grayson are getting! Grayson is such a cute chunk and loves to laugh at Maddox.



We went on a very short "hike" to get to this waterfall that Justin heard you could jump off of. Of course Sheila and I were none to excited about this, but he insisted that he had to so he could do a back flip off the falls. It was like a kid in a toy store - happiest when doing some sort of crazy maneuver in the air - I have a new appreciation for Sheila watching him do all that gymnastics all those years. And I am sure that if Justin has anything to do with it, Teeny will be the same way. I can see the premature grey already!
We had to hike through 5 minutes of this sugar cane stuff to get there.
These were the Falls he jumped off of. He did not tell me until afterward that trip advisor rated them "dangerous!"
Thats all folks! We did think on names for Teeny on vacation, but havent really come up with anything. I like the more different names and Justin likes the oldies. How boring! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute vacation pictures, Melanie! I totally craved hamburgers at the beginning of both of my pregnancies - the big juicy "real" kind just like you described!

The Lukefahrs said...

Love the pics, Mel! You look great!! I'm with Mindy... post some belly pics!