Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Gymnast in the Family?

Well, I am obviously not talking about myself as anyone who has ever seen me attempt a cartwheel knows. I have been feeling Teeny move around quite a bit, but had never been able to feel her from the outside. However, last night when we got home from visiting Chad, Catherine, and the boys in CA I was trying to go to sleep (it was 2am) and she was moving around like crazy. I was laying down with my hands on my stomach and voila! I felt a big bump against my skin. It was the coolest feeling! Of course I immediately started calling for Justin and she performed for him as well. I really think she was doing little somersaults in there she was moving so much! Perhaps she will have her daddy's natural ability (and desire) to attempt any sort of crazy maneuver and still land on her feet!

Since we are talking about gymnastics here, I cant help but post sweet Grayson swinging the rings on Muscle Beach. Isn't he precious?

So for our activity on Friday morning we decided to take a hike. I was a little hesitant (as the beach sounded pretty good too :) and also I know that Chad's "don't worry Mel, its just over 2 miles and its an easy hike" would likely not be exactly the case. (love you Chad) It's kind of like the "Conner 10 Minute Job" with any of the Conner men - you automatically tack another half hour onto it - at least. But I'm feeling good and figured, why not? So we got there and started hiking - and ended up going 30 minutes in the wrong direction which we figured out by ending up in some millionaire's backyard. So we turned around and decided to keep our original plan and hike to this "waterfall" - which we did - a couple hours later. It was more of a small trickle, but hey, it was still pretty :) We ended up having a great time on our 4.2 mile hike! Justin was a good Uncle as he carried Maddox on his shoulders about half of the way!
We took a stroll down to Santa Monica Peer and Justin and Maddox rode the carousel.

At Muscle Beach Chad and Justin in pure Conner fashion decided to race up the ropes. They took their shirts off as the ropes were pretty dirty. I look down and Maddox is ripping his shirt off too! (or attempting to as it was a onzie and snapped under his pants!) So we had to fix that so he could be like Daddy and Uncle Justin! He watched eagerly as they climbed!
And the Muscle Men!

The boys hiking.

We decided we wanted to go down to Venice Beach for dinner one night which is about a 15 minute bike ride from their place. We got all the stuff out (2 prs of rollerblades, 2 bikes, and a double stroller) and got ready to go but alas, one of the bike chains was not staying on. We waited around for quite a while, but we couldn't fix it. Chad was so determined that we would "experience" Venice that he just took the chain off and "scooted" the bike all the way there! Good job chad - it was lots of fun!
We got home after 10 - they were pooped but so good!

We had a fabulous time! Thanks guys !! And thanks for giving up your bed too! Me and Teeny slept great! Hopefully we can come back soon!

2 comments:

Dr. Catherine Conner said...

We had a blast, too!! The boys miss their Uncle Justin and Aunt Mel :)

Caroline said...

You know I hope Teeny is a gymnast! Miss you friend!