Yet another little oddity of pregnancy that I thought was not really factual... until now. So this weekend my aunt came into town (Tete for those of you who know her) and boy oh boy we baby shopped till we dropped. My goal was to find a crib and a dresser for Teeny, or at least get a couple options. After searching many a furniture store, I had yet to come up with anything (at least anything super cute that I didn't think was way overpriced). So, I decided to get crafty. I dragged poor Tete to this unfinished furniture store way up in Plano to check out their goods and was rewarded with the perfect dresser! And "Pops" is going to get it painted white for us and I will accessorize with some cute knobs :) We also found Teeny's future bookshelf- or at least the idea of it.. SO cute.. So, now that I have started, I can't stop! All day long I think about the different ways to do her room, how I want to paint it, what other furniture, where to place everything, and it just keeps going. Now I know what they were talking about when my friends started to "nest." Its fun, but it can drive you nuts! I feel like one of those little birds who cocks their head at every sound, but all the sounds are in my head- different ideas floating about! Who knew..
And for some fun facts:
Reasons pregnancy is awesome:
1. Feeling Teeny move and wondering what she will be like
2. Pigging out on mexican and pizza and not feeling fat
3. People are so nice to you when pregnant and forgive you if you forget something or do something dumb (not that I ever do). They also smile at you a lot, even people you dont know.
Reasons pregnancy is less than awesome:
1. Worrying about your child all the time, and analyzing what you eat, drink, breath, etc.
2. No more large diet vanilla cokes in the morning.. Oh how I miss those.
3. Getting up twice a night - not a dream come true :)
But of course.. the good far outweighs the bad... And I am quite enjoying myself :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I can't wait to see your purchases! How fun! Every time Jake and I pass the baby stuff, we think of you guys. We cant wait until Teeny gets here!
Post a Comment