Sunday, January 17, 2010

2 more weeks!

Its hard to believe that Zoe had her 37 week Dr. appt on Friday. She is looking good! I can't really fathom that she is going to be here sometime in the next few weeks. We cannot wait for her to come - though I will say, I think I will (slightly) miss being pregnant. We have had our ups and downs, but its such an amazing thing being pregnant and feeling little Zoe move all around in my belly. That and being able to eat, have my belly pooch out and totally not care has been nice too :) Though, Im sure having her in my arms will be even better! Justin is ready for her to get here - I am hoping she waits until her due date so I can have a few days at home to relax a little and continue this crazy nesting madness. I am going to take off after Friday, the 22nd, to give myself some potential time. And Zoe, if you are not here by the 5th, we may have to speed you along! Since you are the princess, we cant have you sharing your bday with your cousins! Justin and I went to our "birthing" class on Saturday. It was 9-5 and a long day, but we were really glad we went. Lots of good information on the basic process of labor, delivery, and what to expect afterwards. They did show a few videos from the 80's that I totally could have done without (ps - WHERE did they find those people???), but overall, it was a great class. I think it made Justin impatient for Zoe to get here! Since we are always up doing something on the weekends, he had never really sat still by me for such a long stretch and was shocked to find out how much Zoe actually moves during the day. She is a busy bee! She also really likes to stick her heels in my side! Her nursery is almost complete! All we need are the drapes which were slightly delayed and for Pappy (Dad) to paint the mirror over her changing table. I love her nursery - definitely my favorite room in the house. (I guess this is not shocking considering that her room is the only completely newly furnished, painted, draped, and beautifully coordinated room that I have spent countless hours working on!) But seriously, I just love it. I was home all day the other day and just sat in my rocker doing various things on the computer. I had an artist come paint a mural on her wall and it makes the room such a happy place. I will of course post pics, but I want to wait until its done! When else do you get to have so much fun decorating! (though frustrating at times, because the "nesting" craziness can drive you mad) Anyway, we have so enjoyed preparing for you Zoe Mae! Don't be too long!

4 comments:

Mindy Rives said...

Wow...amazing how time flies. I can't believe she is almost here! Looking forward to spending some time with you Wednesday if that still works with your schedule! Love you!

Jenni said...

I will admit it...I miss being pregnant! But, it is a totally different and wonderful joy having them in your arms. Good luck with your last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I can't believe you have only a couple more weeks till Zoe gets here. She is going to be the most beautiful, intelligent baby in the whole world. I remember when you were born, your Mom took off work on Friday and you were born the next day. I hope you get sometime time off before Zoe comes. Please post pics ASAP. I love and miss you all. Kathy

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you only have two more weeks left!! I totally identify with feeling like I would miss being pregnant and with loving the nursery. It was also the room in our house that got the most attention. Can't wait to meet little Zoe!