Zoe Mae Conner has arrived!! 1.5 weeks early! She was born today, January 21st at 12:14 am. She weighed 6 lbs, 11oz and was 20" long (yes, apparently i typo'ed in my earlier email). Zoe and I are both doing great! She is beautiful and has a full head of brown hair. She loves to suck on her hands and is already bright eyed and looking around. I started having contractions at 1am Wed morning and headed into the hospital around 8am. (Good thing we had a while as Justin still had to pack his bag. I had actually finally packed mine the night before- weird) We stayed at Baylor for a couple hrs, but were sent home. They said that it could be a week before I delivered. Ugh! So we went home, me thinking that she was totally not coming today. I tried to get some rest, but its hard to come by when you are having contractions less than 10 min apart. Finally Justin and I went on a walk and I thought she was going to fall out before we got to the next block! (That and the miserable pain!) So, off we went to the hospital again 6pm. Yep, definitely in labor now! I think they were all shocked to see me again so fast. So, of course, I ask for my epidural but by the time I got it, I was already at 7cm! I pushed for 30 minutes and out she came! What an amazing thing. I cant believe she is finally here. She is doing great, eating, peeing, pooping, sleeping, all those wonderful things babies do. We are so thankful for her as well as all the support from our family and friends. The grandparents, of course, were there all during labor and listened at the door for the last 2 hours, just waiting to hear Zoe cry for the first time. What a wonderful day.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Rejoicing with you at Zoe's arrival! She's beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!
She is a DOLL...I can't wait to wrap my arms around her...and you!! You look beautiful, Mel. So proud of you! The Lord has blessed you and Justin abundantly! Congratulations dear friend. See you soon! XOXO!
Hi Mel!!
Congratulations on little Zoe, she is absolutely adorable and Brent and I can't wait to meet her!!
She is beautiful Mel! So very excited for you friend! Can't wait to meet here! Love you!
She is so gorgeous! Congratulations to your sweet new family!
Congratulations Melanie! She is precious. Can't wait to read about her more and see more pics.
What a blessing! Zoe is just beautiful! I'm so excited for yall! Congratulations to you and Justin!
Congrats Conners! What a joyous day! She is a precious little baby.
She is precious! Welcome to parenthood...it's the greatest!
Post a Comment